Pediatrics/9 month old sick

Question
I have a 9 month old daughter she has had a runny nose for the past 7 days. At first the mucus was clear but after she ran a fever of 102.1 the mucus turned green and now she has developed a really dry cough im concerned because at night its worse cause everytime she coughs she wakes up crying and her nose is so runny she cant breathe. She does not.eat the same and she cant sleep at night at all.. I have tried the bulb syrenge but i have to use it so often her nose spots a little blood ive also tried the humidifier, baby vicks and warm baths nothing seems to work. What can i do?

Answer
Hi, Aide,

Certainly with a 7 day history of cold symptoms, a fever and the increasing difficulty she is having, see your doctor.  This just may be a cold that is lingering, but also could be a lung or ear infection, something that could potentially be treatable with an antibiotic.

Good luck, D.r Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD