Pediatrics/9 month old sick

I have a 9 month old daughter she has had a runny nose for the past 7 days. At first the mucus was clear but after she ran a fever of 102.1 the mucus turned green and now she has developed a really dry cough im concerned because at night its worse cause everytime she coughs she wakes up crying and her nose is so runny she cant breathe. She does the same and she cant sleep at night at all.. I have tried the bulb syrenge but i have to use it so often her nose spots a little blood ive also tried the humidifier, baby vicks and warm baths nothing seems to work. What can i do?

Hi, Aide,

Certainly with a 7 day history of cold symptoms, a fever and the increasing difficulty she is having, see your doctor.  This just may be a cold that is lingering, but also could be a lung or ear infection, something that could potentially be treatable with an antibiotic.

Good luck, D.r Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.