Pediatrics/baby's stool is green with mucus present and puss cell 2-3 hpf

Question
My baby girl is 5 months and 2 weeks old.I could see red spots in her stool when she was 2/3 months old. Her stool is semi solid and greenish in color sometimes. The smell is not pleasant too. Her recent test report shows 2-3 puss cells hpf and mucus present. Her doctor has prescribed ziffy and zinconia. Now the paediatrician says not to worry about the report. Please advice.

Answer
Hi Gyanashri,

What you have described seems normal stool of a 5 month old baby. I am not sure whether baby really needs any treatment, especially antibiotic like Zifi. Please talk to your doctor whether baby really needs it.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

www.KumarChildClinic.com

+91-9818356846

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar