Pediatrics/Constant crying/lack of sleep

Question

I have a 13month old son, he's my 3rd child but I feel like I'm experiencing first time motherhood all over again.
When my son was a newborn we fed him on demand, which meant he was having bottles every two hours. He now has a weight problem, although we have seen a dietician and cut down to what he he should be eating and drinking. This has caused him to constantly wake through out the night. Now, I just give him water but he will literally scream for what feels like hours. We spend alot of the night awake trying to calm him down. He hardly sleeps during the day whether I take him out in the pram or not. He's sleeps at most 1 hour through the day, his last nap being no later the being put down at 3pm then bed at 6:30/7pm. He goes to bed with a bottle and occasionally will fall asleep drinking this. But most o the time after he's finished he will cry sometimes up until 8:30. We've tried EVERYTHING.

He's a very angry baby, who hates cuddles although he loves to play with his older brothers. He doesn't play with toys but likes to throw. He headbutts anything, the floor, his cot, while sat in his high chair or even if someone is holdin him. I'm starting to think there could be something mentally wrong with him as there are no signs of physical problems.

HELP!!

Answer
This situation is called night terrors is commonly seen at this age though all kids may not go through this stage. A fat meal  before sleep and a good short story told repeatedly at bedtime may help recover from the issue.
other reasons for such cries may be constipation colics or worms.

Anger may be a part of toddler age development.I will be more interested in speech development at this age.

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician