Pediatrics/engagement

Question
QUESTION: i am getting engaged with a person but after engagement when i saw men i come to know he is not one i thought i am getting engaged he is someone else……i saw this 4 times

ANSWER: Hi, sheeza,

I have no idea what you mean by this statement/question.  Clarify it and I would be happy to help.

Dr. Olson

QUESTION: i live in south asia where usualy mariages and relations of boy and girl are done by parents……
in engagement a relatn is declared among all befor proper mariage……i saw my parents decided a person to whom i was gtng engaged bt aftr engagement the person was smeone else ……he was not one about whome i was thnkng

Answer
Hi, sheeza,

This really is not a medical question, but from a USA common sense point of view here is my response:

No one should have to marry someone they don't want to marry.

No one should think their parents have arranged someone for them to marry and then find it isn't the person they thought it was.  

This notion to someone like me, that parents arrange marriages, is basically hard to understand, but if that is the cultural way it has to be for you, at least be sure all parties realize what young man they are talking about.

Hope this helps, Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD