Pediatrics/low weight baby

Question
My daughter is 4 month old now..her birth wight was 3 kg.she is most of the time happy baby andweights 4.9kg today.she is taking aptamilk (2 hrly she drink only 60-90ml).do we need to change aptamilk..we are really worried about her..please help us.
Thanks
   daisy

Answer
Hi Daisy,

Her milk intake (amount) seems OK (I am not aware of the brand you have mentioned), although breastfeeding would have been better. However, she appears to gain less weight than expected and needs thorough evaluation. Please get her examined by a good pediatrician in your area. It is difficult to comment anything more.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

www.KumarChildClinic.com

+91-9818356846

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar