My two month oldis still feeding at night. He is 14 pounds and breastfed. He wakes at night every 45 minutes to an hour to eat. I have been reading about cutting out feedings to one by now. He's eating 5 or 6 times a night. If I'm feeding on demand, how would I do this and should I? Also, when we lay him down he doesn't really go to sleep. For the last two nights he has been awake most of the night. Help!

Hi, bobbijo,

Most bottle fed and especially breast fed babies are still waking up at night to eat at 2 months.  Most are not eating 5-6 times a night.  He is a trained night feeder and this hand out I use for my patients should help.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.