Pediatrics/11 Month Old Has Never Slept Through the Night

I have an 11 month old girl who has never slept more then 5 hours. She sometimes wakes up 4-5 times a night. I also have a 2 year old, the 11 month old is in our bedroom, she will share a room with her sister. Whenever she would wake up we would run to her so she didnt wake up her sister (apartment is very small), we would give her bottle and she would go back to sleep. It has become such a habit but its very hard to let her cry it out because she will wake up the whole house. We are at a wits end and just want some advice on how to handle this. I know I should stop the bottles and give her water or something but nothing we do to soothe her works besides a bottle and even with that she is still up every 2-3 hours. Please help! Thank you!

she is in transition phase of development of sleep patterns and dreams.
classical issues at this age are night terrors.
A short phase of sleeping with the child at night will make the infant socially more comfortable.
Hunger or thirst may not be the only cause for waking up at night. A feeling of social insecurity is also a likely issue at this age.
Also try to teach the elder sib how to cuddle the little one.. take care and try to understand how to be responsible, without shouting or screaming. (i understand its difficult but it is also important)

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician

also click here for what to ask a doctor?. download Question answer android app on child health from . Free advice also on topics like asthma epilepsy tuberculosis in children. I am a proud father and a qualified pediatrician with an expertise and interest in counseling parents regarding different aspects of health and disease making them understand children, their health and disease and the doctors.Download android app to ask free questions from Read my reviews/ratings at REVIEWS I do treat and counsel all classes and specialties, I have a special expertise and interest in queries regarding feeding of infants and; the common cold & related illnesses including asthma. I as a friendly doctor, try to help you understand the children, the disease, the treatment and the doctor! At the end, dont forget to add prestige points and nominations for me, as that is the only incentive for me to continue with free service. Affiliated to Seth G S Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai India (1992 till 2010). Now at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. *Online Pediatrician * KEY WORDS: ASTHMA EPILEPSY REPEATED RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS TUBERCULOSIS INFANT FEEDING HEART DISEASES ADHD AUTISM ADD SECOND OPINIONS PAID ANSWERS

I was a pediatrician at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Mumbai India, since 1999 till 2010. Currently as a pediatrician and as a associate professor at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. Pioneered as Online Indian Pediatrician for free advice SINCE 2002. Now also at Shushrusha Hospital Dadar,Mumbai INDIA daily 7 to 9 PM. Child Specialist dr Kondekar

Promote Your Page Too

Visit for more details of organisation.(since 1992 till 2010)

Publications best is to do a google search for "Dr S kondekar"

I am MD DNB in pediatrics and a fellow of College of Physicians and surgeons of Mumbai, and fellow of foundation for advancement of medical education and research GSMC. Currently also as a consultant in child health specialist pediatrician in Mumbai India at Shushrusha Hospital Walk in clinic Daily 7 to 9 pm Dadar West.

do visit my BlogSite

A lot number of simple people and medicos who consult Dr SK daily for their problems. Around 4000 plus client on this site alone.