Pediatrics/Full Blood Work for 15 month old

I took my daughter in for her 15 month well check up. Height is 33", weight is 22lbs. Her doctor ordered the following labs: CBC with Diff, CMP, CRP, Vitamin D, Vitamin D 3. I'm wondering what these are for? Nothing was really explained, just that I needed to have them done soon. She's not walking yet, or cruising or even crawling on all fours and that was the only concern I had. Thank you!

Hi, Jami,

She has significant developmental delay and the doctor is doing some screening tests to rule out certain conditions.  I thing that it is important for someone who orders tests to explain them fully and tell you what the next steps are if they are positive.  Your doctor should be able to do this. As a pediatrician, I seldom would do these tests in this situation, but your doctor may have other thoughts on this.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.