Pediatrics/Gripe water

Question
I have a two week old baby. He was a month early. I bought a bottle of gripe water for him today. He tends to have hiccups either before he eats and sometimes right after. Can I put the drops in his formula?or give them to him orally?

Answer
Some brands of gripe water contain alcohol. It is  better to avoid those. Is he not getting breast milk? Hiccups are common and need not cause any concern. It will stop even if you give a few sips of  safe water. Burp him well  after each fee and he may not need gripe water. If you have to give it is better to give it separately.
http://www.homebusinessandfamilylife.com/breast_feeding.html
http://www.homebusinessandfamilylife.com/crying_baby.html

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri