Pediatrics/Newborn(20 days old) gas/digestion troubles

Question
Dear Dr Suri,

Our newborn (just 20 days old) seems to be struggling a lot to either digest or pass gas/bowel movements.

- His face turns red and then dark with the force he is trying to exert. He folds and turns his hands, pushes his legs. Of late we see him spitting milk sometimes (undigested milk).

He is in this state most of the times when he is awake. He evens gets up from sleep with this discomfort. Here's a video of him in this state:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSooJCkUwF8&feature=youtu.be
The video is short but he keeps doing this for 30-45 mins and then falls to sleep tired, gets up and starts doing this again.

We have tried gas drops, it didn't help much. Thinking of trying homemade ghutti.

Could you please give us some advice on handling this? Its becoming too painful to watch and manage.

Dev

Answer
Your baby appears to be healthy. I hope he has been examined by a Pediatrician to make sure there is no problem. Occasional spitting is normal. If he gains weight normally there is nothing to worry. Make sure you burp him after every feed. I hope he is only breastfed. Mother should always sit and feed.
http://www.homebusinessandfamilylife.com/crying_baby.html
 Please support me in getting the WHO definition of health reviewed to include the spiritual dimension and share it with your contacts. This is the link  http://www.change.org/en-IN/petitions/world-health-organization-review-the-defin

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri