Pediatrics/Newborn(4 weeks old) grunting/reflux

Dear Doctor Suri,

Thanks for quick response to my earlier query regarding my son's condition. Now onto his fifth week, he seems to be struggling more with what feels like reflux. Here is a video with him just after a feeding cycle:

He gets into this state usually after feedings, and remains this way for a good amount of time (30 mins to an hour sometimes).

Thanks again,

Some regurgitation is normal up to six months. If the baby does not have cleft palate, does not suffer from frequent attacks of  cough and is  gaining weight normally there is no need to worry.
Please support an online petition to the WHO requesting the authorities to review the definition of health and include the spiritual dimension and share it with your contacts. This is the link  

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and