Pediatrics/pediatric problem

Question
hi sir i am ramesh my daughter is now 6 months old now and she has got all the vaccines for polio(3 doses pentaxim) my doubt is she was vaccinated with pentaxim as well with OPV for the first dose and for the remaining two doses i got it done from diffrent doc he said no need of OPV with IPV so he didnt give now on sunday there is a pulse polio programme in my place can i give that to my baby?

Answer
Pulse polio is recommended for all children below the  age of five years. You can have it given to  your  baby. Some doctors give both OPV and IPV but some are omitting OPV because there is a  small risk of causing polio. As we achieve polio free status we can do away with OPV.
http://www.homebusinessandfamilylife.com/childhood_vaccination.html

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri