Pediatrics/Post Auricular lump

Post Auricular lump
Post Auricular lump  
my daughter is 14 weeks old, i have noticed 1 week back a small red ,non tender, size half a pea on her left post auriculer area, superfical and movable, nontender, no discharge and no pain when pressing surrounding skull bone nor the was bit hard earlier but after applying local antibiotic it has become soft..doesnt get bigger.
The thing is we didnt notice this at birth, and m.o peads didnt comment on anything as such..
showed to consultant peadiatrician but he was not sure as well..??hemangioma? abcess? cyst? or birth mark..??
plz kindly advice and if necessary i can send a picture of it if u can send me ur email to get an idea on this..
thank you

Hi, Rajitha,

I suspect more of a cavernous hemangioma, something that will initially grow quickly, reach a steady state and then will gradually involute.  I would like to have someone look at it and assure me that it is not an infection.  Sounds like you have a medical background.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.