Sir my son is 17 weeks i have not given him Rotavirus vaccination at 2 months.should i given him the second and third doses of Rotavirus vaccine or not? I have given him the vaccination of the name EASY FIVE +EASY FOUR+EASY FIVE at 6 weeks+10 weeks+14 weeks

Hi, Purushottam,

For a child 17 weeks old and with no rotavirus vaccination, (at least this is what I think you are saying, "i have not given him Rotavirus vaccination"), he should not get the vaccination.  Here is the official CDC recommendation:

What are the recommendations for use of rotavirus vaccines?
RotaTeq (by Merck) was licensed in February 2006 and is recommended for routine oral administration for all infants as a 3-dose series. The usual schedule is at ages 2, 4, and 6 months. A second rotavirus vaccine, Rotarix (by GlaxoSmithKline), was licensed in April 2008 and is recommended as a 2-dose series at ages 2 and 4 months. ACIP recommendations for use of rotavirus vaccines are available at The minimum age for the first dose is 6 weeks and the maximum age for dose #1 is 14 weeks 6 days. Vaccination should not be initiated for infants age 15 weeks 0 days or older because there are insufficient data on the safety of dose #1 in older infants. The minimum interval between doses of rotavirus vaccine is 4 weeks. The maximum age for the last dose of rotavirus vaccine is 8 months and 0 days.

These are USA recommendations and may not apply to standards in other countries.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.