Pediatrics/Hep A vaccine

Question
I took my 15 month old daughter to the Dr for a check up and she got her shots but the nurse made a mistake and gave her a Hep A vaccine which she didn't need since she had just had it three months ago, she assured me nothing bad will happen could you reassure me that she will be ok?

Answer
Hi, Zoraida,

An extra early Hep A won't hurt, but it is considered not as effective as one given at the appropriate interval.  I would repeat it at the appropriate interval, at 6months to a year, and she will be fine.  Her immunity will be even better, in most cases.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD