Pediatrics/My sons eyes

Question
My three year old son has dark spots on the whites of his eyes. As far as i know he has nothing medically wrong with him. The only thing his previous doctor suggested to me that he might be adhd. I am only wondering if i should be worried about the spots or if they will go away with time?

Answer
Hi, Sapphire,

I have no idea.  I suspect if they have been there for a long time, they are normal.  What has your doctor said?  It is very common to have some pigment changes in the sclera (whites) of the eyes, but without seeing this, I can only give you a well educated guess that this is normal.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD