Pediatrics/3 yr old with green poop 7 days

our 3 yr old grand son has had green poop since last Wednesday. his doctor said he had a virus and it should clear up. should we be concerned?

Hi, Sam,

If he is drinking well, running no fever and just has green poop, I would do nothing and would just give him a regular diet.  It sometimes takes weeks for the stools in a viral illness to return to normal.  Fortunately the kid returns to normal faster.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.