Pediatrics/Ear infections 3 month old

Question
Hi my daughter will be 3 months old on the 17th, and i believe from my opinion she may have a ear infection. the past week whenever she rests her right side on me she throws herself the opposite way in a loud painful scream, so loud that a toddler could not out beat her. I was wondering if you can advise symptoms of a ear infection/ache and if in the mean time some home remedies until the morning when I can get her to her pediatrician. thank you.

Answer
Hi, keri ann,

The only home remedies I know of to help with an ear infection are time (some do get better on their own) and Tylenol.  If she has a cold and has these symptoms, she should be seen.  If no cold symptoms, this substantially lessens the chance of an ear infection and you might want to watch and treat with an appropriate dose of Tylenol.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD