Pediatrics/My 13 month old is vomiting

Question
Hi dr. Olsen,

My 13 month old is vomiting and I'm worried. This has never happened before. She first threw up milky vomit but after about an hour she has been vomiting greenish/yellow bile in very small amounts. No fever or diarrhea.
What could this mean and what should I do to treat this at home? Should I take her yo the er?

Answer
Hi, Zainbab,

Vomiting without diarrhea is more worrisome to us, for diarrhea makes us think a lot more about a stomach virus.  I would use some clear liquids for the next few feeds and if the vomiting doesn't abate in a day or two, see your doctor.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD