i had toknow friends son now 1year hasbeensuffering from seizures..from 3.5 months..waswith fever and docs said it is febrile seizures..again he had in 9 months lasting fr 15min..was admitted and did ct it was normaland was told it is atypical febrile seizures
and was told to give frisium..
later last week again had seizures for 15 min 2 times was admitted and started on valparin..and was told that theycan use midazolam nasal spray at home if having at home for immediate control..

but it is not available in many medical any particular brand availkable and how useful is it..we r located in bangalore..

Hi Shaheena,

Yes, it is useful in immediate control of seizures.

The brands available are: INSED (Samarth Pharma), MIDASPRAY (Intas Pharma) and more recently launched: MIDACIP (Cipla).

Local doctors would be in a better position to tell which brand is easily available there.

Please use the medication exactly as your doctor advises (learn correct use of spray, dose (number of puffs) and when to use).

Best wishes,

Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

Dr. Puneet Kumar

I would be happy to answer general queries on prevention and treatment of ailments in newborn, infant, toddler, child or an adolescent. Needless to say, it will not be possible to answer any query requiring specific diagnosis of a particular subject.

I have worked in various capacities (medical officer, resident, senior resident, consultant) in public as well as private sector in Pediatrics and Neonatology. Today, I have over 15 years of experience in the field.

Currently, I am running my own clinic (Kumar Child Clinic) in Dwarka, New Delhi and am attached to Lifeline Hospital, Dwarka as consultant pediatrics and neonatology. I am also developing my clinic website into a comprehensive child health/ parenting website (

(a) Chapter "National Immunization Schedule" in Frontiers of Social Pediatrics, Jaypee Publishers: 2nd edition, 2016. (b) Article, "All about Pertussis vaccines" in special issue of Indian Journal of Practical Pediatrics, October 2015 (c) Three chapters (DTP vaccines, Pneumococcal vaccines and Poliovirus vaccines) in "Textbook of Pediatrics for Post-graduates" First edition: 2015. (c) Chapter: "Alternative delivery methods of vaccines" in IAP textbook of Vaccines, First edition, 2014 (published by IAP/ Jaypee Brothers) (d) Special Article: "50 years of Immunization in India: Progress and Future" in January 2013 issue of Indian Pediatrics (e) Four chapters in "FAQ: Book on Vaccines and Immunization Practices" First edition, 2011 AND 2nd edition, 2015 published by Jaypee Brothers. (f) Three articles in special issue of Journal of Pediatric Sciences on “Controversies and Challenges in Pediatric Vaccination Today" in Sept, 2010. Co-edited the series also. (f) Regular column, “How do I treat” in Pediascene ( (g) Review article, “Role of Anti-Poliovirus Agents in Polio eradication and beyond” in Polio Pulse, April, 2008. (h) Chapter on “Acute Infectious Diarrhea” in Textbook of Infectious Diseases in Children. (An IAP Publication), 2007. 2nd edition in 2011. (i) Book-Review (IAP Pediatric Drug Formulary, 2004) in Pediascene, March 2005 ( ) (j) Case-report on Osteopetrosis. Jharkhand Journal of Pediatrics, Dec-2002.

After MBBS, I have done DNB residency in Pediatrics.

Winner of IAP practising pediatrician's quiz in 2001.