Pediatrics/adenoid gland enlargement

What is the medicine treatment option for adenoid gland enlargement in children?What are the medicines given

Hi, Krishna,

Adenoids, I find, are often removed in a fairly haphazard way in the USA and I suspect perhaps more so in other countries.  Generally a try of nasal steroids, antihistamines and a full discussion of what the problem is and how it relates at all to adenoid enlargement, should be done before any surgery.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.