Pediatrics/Baby Brother Fell Off the Bed?

Hello Dr.Olson,

I'm a kid and my baby brother fell off the bed!And it's all my fault and my family is mad at me.The bed is about 2 feet high and he flipped and fell over.There was a red spot on his forehead and he cried for a few seconds and stopped.Is he ok and does it affect his brain and IQ?

Hi, Amy,

If falls like this caused low IQ, we would really be a dumb nation, for this is a common type of fall that virtually everyone has done in their life.  He is fine.  He didn't pass out, he was fine immediately and he will be as smart as he otherwise would be.  Don't take this too hard, but watch him carefully if he is in your care.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.