Pediatrics/chronic diarrhea

Question
my child is 6 months old now. her problem is she having chronic diarrhea with blood strip in stool for past 2 months. she was admitted in hospital many times. biopsy taken from intestine and doctor told me is crohn's disease. i am not so understand about this disease? could u help me to explain more about this disease?
she frequent vomiting also. currently still giving her breast milk. . if i left soiled diapers for a while, ants coming to her diapers. is that because of her disease??

Answer
Hi, salina,

There is plenty of information online regarding Crohns disease.  You need to sit down and have a discussion with your doctor or a member of his staff to understand this important diagnosis.  I guess with any soiled diapers, ants might eventually come to the diaper.  Please discuss this with your doctor.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD