my 1 month daughter is mostly bottle feed as my breastmilk is not adequate 4 her.From last 10 days she has been suffering from constipation.The frquency of the stool is regular but the consistency is like pellet(long in shape).my Dr has adviced 4 a tummy massage & giving luke warm water.m hav tried out it with 30ml water twice a day n d process works also.hw long i shud do it??haven't given any medicine yet.also she passes a lot of flatus but her abdomen is only concern is i don't her to suffer from chronic constipation.
ned ur advice...thanking u in anticipation

If constipation persists some diseases have to  be ruled out. It is  better to get the  baby examined again. Sometimes investigations like abdominal ultrasound and estimation of some hormone level may be needed. It is  difficult to come to any conclusion without clinical examination in this situation.  

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and