Pediatrics/Cough Syrup for Infants

My daughter is 13 month old and weighs 20 pounds. She currently has an ear infection and teething. She is on omnisef antibiotic 2 and half ML once a day. She has developed a horrible cough and cold in the last week. The cough keeps her up all night and she cries like she is in discomfort.She has an extremely runny nose and congestion, and sneezing. I know that the FDA pulled all OTC cough and cold medictaion for the children under 4, but I have a friend that has the same thing going on with her son and she went and bought Nighttime Delsym Cough and Cold and gives him half a teaspoon at night so he wont stay up all night coughing and he can actually get some rest. I am wondering if it is ok to give that same medicine and doseage to my daughter. My current methods are tylenol/ibuprofen, humidfier, vicks baby rub, saline nose drops with suctioning. On top of all of that, nothing seems to be helping.I need some type of relief for her. What would you suggest?

Thank You!

all children may not have same reason for cough. night time cough is often related to bronchospasm/wheeze, this is best treated with inhaled albuterol. discuss with your doctor regarding its need.
you may read treating runny nose at
avopid ibuprofen that may worsen night cough.

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician

also click here for what to ask a doctor?. download Question answer android app on child health from . Free advice also on topics like asthma epilepsy tuberculosis in children. I am a proud father and a qualified pediatrician with an expertise and interest in counseling parents regarding different aspects of health and disease making them understand children, their health and disease and the doctors.Download android app to ask free questions from Read my reviews/ratings at REVIEWS I do treat and counsel all classes and specialties, I have a special expertise and interest in queries regarding feeding of infants and; the common cold & related illnesses including asthma. I as a friendly doctor, try to help you understand the children, the disease, the treatment and the doctor! At the end, dont forget to add prestige points and nominations for me, as that is the only incentive for me to continue with free service. Affiliated to Seth G S Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai India (1992 till 2010). Now at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. *Online Pediatrician * KEY WORDS: ASTHMA EPILEPSY REPEATED RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS TUBERCULOSIS INFANT FEEDING HEART DISEASES ADHD AUTISM ADD SECOND OPINIONS PAID ANSWERS

I was a pediatrician at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Mumbai India, since 1999 till 2010. Currently as a pediatrician and as a associate professor at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. Pioneered as Online Indian Pediatrician for free advice SINCE 2002. Now also at Shushrusha Hospital Dadar,Mumbai INDIA daily 7 to 9 PM. Child Specialist dr Kondekar

Promote Your Page Too

Visit for more details of organisation.(since 1992 till 2010)

Publications best is to do a google search for "Dr S kondekar"

I am MD DNB in pediatrics and a fellow of College of Physicians and surgeons of Mumbai, and fellow of foundation for advancement of medical education and research GSMC. Currently also as a consultant in child health specialist pediatrician in Mumbai India at Shushrusha Hospital Walk in clinic Daily 7 to 9 pm Dadar West.

do visit my BlogSite

A lot number of simple people and medicos who consult Dr SK daily for their problems. Around 4000 plus client on this site alone.