Pediatrics/food

Question
My son is now comepleted 7 months.can i give olive oil massage.can i apply baby hair oil.he like to hold thing and stand is it good.iam giving carrot,potato,sweet potato,apple.steamed and mashed and cerelac rice. pls suggest wat food,juice,soup etc to introduce...

Answer
Hi, Ikabal,

Seven month olds can eat what their parents eat, as long as it is in a preparation they will not choke on.  Limit whole milk and honey until a year. Make the diet varied with different grains, fruits, veggies and meats.  Pretty simple advise that I give every parent.  Feeding kids well is not difficult.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD