Dr. Puneet,
My daughter was born on 02/10/2012. I have given her the following vaccinations :
03/10/2012 : bcg
         Hepatitis B1

17/11/12 : Rotavirus - Rotarix

5/12/12 : OPV1
         Hepatitis B2

19/1/2013: Rotavirus - Rotarix
Till date Hib has never been given. Also all the vaccines were given separately, no combination vaccines were given. I wanted to give her an easy five for the next time so that it would cover DTP3, Hib3 and Hepatitis B3. Is it right to do that? Because she has not received earlier does of Hib.

I had also read in some local news papers that there were some problems with easy five my ped suggested pentavac of the company serum. I need to no if its safe and has any side effects.

what should i do of the remaining doses of Hib.

Awaiting your reply.

Hi cecilia,

3rd dose of hepatitis B vaccine should be given 5 months after 2nd dose (i.e., around 5/5/2013). She can be given combination of DTP and Hib (Quadrovax by Serum, or any other brand). Rest of the doses of Hib should be taken separately at one month interval (SII Hib Pro by Serum, or any other brand). Easy Four and Easy Fie by Chiron Pharma are possibly not available now.

You can see the latest immunization schedule, as recommended by Indian Academ of Pediatrics (IAP) at:

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

Dr. Puneet Kumar

I would be happy to answer general queries on prevention and treatment of ailments in newborn, infant, toddler, child or an adolescent. Needless to say, it will not be possible to answer any query requiring specific diagnosis of a particular subject.

I have worked in various capacities (medical officer, resident, senior resident, consultant) in public as well as private sector in Pediatrics and Neonatology. Today, I have over 15 years of experience in the field.

Currently, I am running my own clinic (Kumar Child Clinic) in Dwarka, New Delhi and am attached to Lifeline Hospital, Dwarka as consultant pediatrics and neonatology. I am also developing my clinic website into a comprehensive child health/ parenting website (

(a) Chapter "National Immunization Schedule" in Frontiers of Social Pediatrics, Jaypee Publishers: 2nd edition, 2016. (b) Article, "All about Pertussis vaccines" in special issue of Indian Journal of Practical Pediatrics, October 2015 (c) Three chapters (DTP vaccines, Pneumococcal vaccines and Poliovirus vaccines) in "Textbook of Pediatrics for Post-graduates" First edition: 2015. (c) Chapter: "Alternative delivery methods of vaccines" in IAP textbook of Vaccines, First edition, 2014 (published by IAP/ Jaypee Brothers) (d) Special Article: "50 years of Immunization in India: Progress and Future" in January 2013 issue of Indian Pediatrics (e) Four chapters in "FAQ: Book on Vaccines and Immunization Practices" First edition, 2011 AND 2nd edition, 2015 published by Jaypee Brothers. (f) Three articles in special issue of Journal of Pediatric Sciences on “Controversies and Challenges in Pediatric Vaccination Today" in Sept, 2010. Co-edited the series also. (f) Regular column, “How do I treat” in Pediascene ( (g) Review article, “Role of Anti-Poliovirus Agents in Polio eradication and beyond” in Polio Pulse, April, 2008. (h) Chapter on “Acute Infectious Diarrhea” in Textbook of Infectious Diseases in Children. (An IAP Publication), 2007. 2nd edition in 2011. (i) Book-Review (IAP Pediatric Drug Formulary, 2004) in Pediascene, March 2005 ( ) (j) Case-report on Osteopetrosis. Jharkhand Journal of Pediatrics, Dec-2002.

After MBBS, I have done DNB residency in Pediatrics.

Winner of IAP practising pediatrician's quiz in 2001.