Pediatrics/Moving to Ethiopia vaccinations

Question
Hi Dr. Olson:
My family is moving from Beijing, China to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in 2weeks. My 8 month old son is on the American vaccination/ immunization schedule.  I am wondering if we should ask for specific immunizations for him before we leave (yellow fever, malaria treatments, etc). If so, what should be the period between these immunizations?
Thanks so much!
Salime

Answer
Hi, Salime,

I refer you to the website, CDC.org, for detailed information about this. This relates a lot as to what your child has already had and probably what you will be doing in Ethiopia. I don't have the faintest idea and this would be where I would go to get all the schedules and recommendations.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD