My daughter is getting cold and cough frequently for every 15days almost . Her doctor advised MONTICOPE SYRUP 5ML AT NIGHT for 1 month. Does it cause any side effect. she has been  on valparin medication 4ml mor and 4ml night for febrile convulsions from past 14 months kindly give information thanks

It is quite common for young children to get repeated attacks of cough and cold. If she is active and her weight gain is normal you need not worry. It is safe to give Monticope for  one month.
 Please support an online petition to the WHO requesting the authorities to review the definition of health and include the spiritual dimension and share it with your contacts. This is the link

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and