Pediatrics/query regarding vaccines

Question
Hello Doctor.
My daughter is 45 days old.  She was given BCG, OPV 0, Hep B at the time of birth.
Hep B2 on 36th day of her life.  
Now on 44th day of her life she has been given :
Hib 1 + DTaP 1  in a combination ( Brand - Sii HibPRO and Sanofi Pasteur)and IPV 1 of Brand Sanofi Pasteur.

Please let me know
1) whether Hib 1, DTap 1 and IPV  of these brands are actually painless as told by my Doctor and I have been charged Rs.2000/- for the same.

2) Can I give her Pentaxim for the next two dozes of Hib, DTap and IPV in her 10th and 14th week respectively?

3) I am getting her vaccinated for Rotarix within 2 days (46-47th day of her life)

4) I have been suggested 3 dozes + 1 booster of  for Prevenar 13 by my Ped. whereas a relative told me that a single vaccine of 4 dozes has been launched costing Rs. 6000/- instead of Rs. 16,000/- (total cost of 4 dozes)  Is that true?

Answer
Hi Tanu,

There are a very serious issues here:

1. If DTaP and Hib vaccine have been given as SEPARATE injections, it is OK. If however, they were mixed in single syringe, it should not have been done, as they are of different manufacturers.
[HoweverDTaP (TRIPACEL) and Hib (Act-HiB) of Sanofi Pasteur can be mixed as per manufacturer's recomendations]

Vaccines of two brands can't be mixed, as no body knows if they are compatible and would be effective.

DTaP and HIb, if given in a single syringe should be ignored and the dose repeated.

Here are other answers:

Yes, DTaP causes much less pain/ fever as compared to DTwP.

Yes, baby can be given Pentaxim (combination of DTaP, Hib and IPV).

Get Rotavirus vaccination as soon as possible (Ideally, vaccination is started at 6 weeks of age).

There is nothing like 4-in-one dose. What your relative might be referring to is Pentaxim (which contains vaccine against 5 diseases: Diptheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Polio and HiB). And cost of Pentaxim, PCV (Synflorix), and Rotavirus all put together (and adding doctors fee) comes to about Rs. 6000 per dose.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

www.KumarChildClinic.com

+91-9818356846

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar