Pediatrics/11 Month old with chronic bronchilitis and ear infections

Question
My son is 11 months old he was born at 35 weeks and had a hard time breathing at first for a couple of days. They released him with no oxygen. He has been a lot especially since developing RSV on December 10th, 2012. Since this he has has chronic bronchilitis and 6 ear infections. They took a chest x-ray and said his lining of is lungs were inflamed and full of mucus and placed him on pulmicort x2 a day. His trend for the ear infections are 10 days antibiotics (which they have alternated between 4) and then 3-4 of clear ears and then ear infections again.The pulmicort has helped his cough a bit but he still has the purring sound when he breathes. What could be causing this?

Answer
Hi
I would like to see his chest shape with both hands raised above headů
Also if possible a CT scan chest and an arterial blood gas analysis will give me a clear reasoning of chronic lung disease.
In addition to above specific therapy with ipratropium based bronchodilators are likely to prove beneficial given 4 times a day along with calvium supplementation.
I request you to discuss with your specialist with print out of this answer to help manage more effectively.
Thanks

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician