Pediatrics/3 year old throwing up

My 3 year old has been throwing up at night off and on for the past two weeks. last night he woke up and threw up, he has never done this. He has not been eating as much as usual. He does also have a runny nose. Also no fever.  Any ideas what this could be I am starting to get concerned

What is  the color  of  his  urine? If it is dark  yellow he needs to be tested for  jaundice. Was there  any change in his diet? If he has no fever or abdominal pain probably there is nothing serious. Is he passing stool  normally or having diarrhea? If the symptom persists it is better to get him examined once.  

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and