Pediatrics/contipation in my 2yr old daughter

My daughter is years and she is having a lot of problems to go off i have change the baby milk and i have cut out the snacks i give her fruits but she is a picky eater she only eats bananas and small amounts she doesn't want it , i try giving her prune juice she spits it out. she doesn't;t eat much food she eats small amounts but she drinks lots of water and orange juice. I have run out of ideas as to what to do to make her go off on her own. Can you advise me what to use. the pediatricians we went to gave use paraphine oil, the also gave use the suppository to push up the bottom and silica drops all of which did not work. Please any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, Lindsay,

I assume you mean she is constipated.  If all the dietary stuff doesn't work, then you could try a product, OTC here in the States, called PEG 330, or brand Miralax.  Mix a half cap (top of bottle measures it) in some juice, like orange juice and do every day for a month.  Almost certainly will work.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.