Pediatrics/My daughter's eye

Question
Good day, actually my 5 months old daughter's right eye often spills drops of water and she tries to rub it when it becomes wet. As we observed she does not feel or show any problem in looking around far or near, like we have not seen her closing her eyes half way or feel uncomfortable recognizing us from reasonable distance or from near. Can we do something about it or should we consult a doctor and if so which doctor to consult, an eye specialist or any pediatrician. Your best advice will be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Rizwan

Answer
Slight watering of one or both eyes is normal in infants. Gently massage the sides of the nose from above downwards several times. Repeat this three to four times daily. The  watering should stop gradually If there is no other problem you need not worry,

http://www.homebusinessandfamilylife.com/newborn_baby.html

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri