Pediatrics/recurring loose motion

Question
Sir
this is in continuation to my Q I asked on 23rd Feb.
my daughters frequency of motions is not normal yet, so on taking second opinion we repeated stool test for 2 continus days, which shows the presence of e.histolytica cyst nd 1-2 pus cells..
my daughter has not gained any weight since last 1 1/2 months and she looks very pale and weak.
please suggest diet for my daughter.
also please enlighten us on e.histolytica and risk posed by it.

Answer
Hi Ranjana,

There is no restriction in diet in diarrhea. She can take almost everything that is cooked at home: with little extra fat (ghee/ butter/oil) as compared to adult diet. Animal milk, dry fruits and non-veg is what is to be avoided at this age.

Cysts of E. histolytica are of no clinical significance.

Best wishes,
Dr. Puneet Kumar,
Kumar Child Clinic, Dwarka,
New Delhi, India

www.KumarChildClinic.com

+91-9818356846

Pediatrics

Dr. Puneet Kumar