Pediatrics/Reqarding mild thickening of walls of gallbladder for infant.

Question
Hello Doctor,

My doctor had asked for ultra scan when we had complained about urine flow of my 5th month old boy. In reports, mild thickening of walls of gallbladder is mentioned. All other vitals are normal and also urine test is also normal.

Should I be concerned with this observation?

Thank you,

Answer
Hi, chiru,

I'm not sure why they even looked at the gallbladder with these symptoms.  I suspect this is normal, but be sure the doctors are using some measurements that are appropriate for a 5 month old.  If in doubt, make sure a pediatric radiologist looks at the results.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD