Pediatrics/my sons behavior

Question
My son is a 7 year old first grader who does very well academically however he doesnt want to participate in any "fun" group activities at school causing distractions. An example, last week they put on the first grade musical and when everyone was clapping he was screaming boo as loud as he could sending some of the other children home crying afterwards. I am getting calls from school on a regular basis. it seems if there is a group activity he wants no part of it, even acting up at lunch and recess. i am trying to get him in to see a specialist but the wait times are so very long. please advise.  thank you

Answer
It is difficult to offer any suggestion for this problem as it requires interviewing and  counseling the child. Every child is unique and will have some idiosyncrasies. Sometimes the  best approach would be to ignore the behavior for some time encourage the child to pursue his interest.  

Pediatrics

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri