Pediatrics/my 2 month olds cough

My 2 month old has a wet phlegmy cough. With no other symptoms.Shes teething and has a lot of drool I don't know if tha has anything to do with it. Your answer is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Hi, erica,

Most 2 month olds with a wet cough have a cold.  If she is sick, running a fever, or breathing hard and/or fast, then she should see her doctor.  Otherwise, humidity, Tylenol if needed and fluids are the treatment.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.