Pediatrics/4 month old daughter

Question
My daughter is experiencing a runny nose and this is day 3 I can't get a hold of her pediatrician I was wondering if there is anything over the counter I can get her to stop the runny nose its affecting her eating she throws up almost everything she eats at this point and she is extremely fussy and is sneezing and coughing thank you for any information you can provide

Answer
Hi, mark,

The only med we ever give for a cold is Tylenol, for aches and pains and possible fever.  We recommend extra liquids, perhaps some non-medicated salt water nose drops and watching for getting worse.  All the possible meds are either unsafe, ineffective or both.

Good luck, D.r Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD