Pediatrics/4 month old daughter

My daughter is experiencing a runny nose and this is day 3 I can't get a hold of her pediatrician I was wondering if there is anything over the counter I can get her to stop the runny nose its affecting her eating she throws up almost everything she eats at this point and she is extremely fussy and is sneezing and coughing thank you for any information you can provide

Hi, mark,

The only med we ever give for a cold is Tylenol, for aches and pains and possible fever.  We recommend extra liquids, perhaps some non-medicated salt water nose drops and watching for getting worse.  All the possible meds are either unsafe, ineffective or both.

Good luck, D.r Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.