Pediatrics/Cold - caugh

Hi doctor, please help me to judge the treatment which my son is undergoing now. My son is 1.5 years old who is 1.5 years old suffering from severe caugh and cold caugh for the past 4 months very frequently. He is weighing 9.5 kgs and food intake is very minimal. I am not sure about the medical term but the doctor told that the recent chest -ray shows a mild dampness in chest which requires nebulisation and injections. Please find the below medicine and please please let me know whether i providing the right treatment to my son.

Medicine   Type of Medicine Description
asthalin     Nebulisation   Salbutamol Respirator Solution
Bunase          Nebulisation   Budesonide Respirator Suspension
Maczone Plus 375  Injection   Ceftriaxone and Sulbactam
Decdan 4mg per ml Injection   Dexamethasone Sodium Phospate
Blumika 250     Injection   Amikacin Sulphate
Zybron          Syrup          Terbutaline, Ambroxol
Priaminic     Syrup          Phenylephrine Hcl with Chlor
Albutamol     Syrup          Salbutamol Etofylline Bromhexine
Sniff          Syrup          Anti Cold Syrup
Calpol 250 mg     Syrup          Paracetamol Oral Suspension
Actowin          Nasal drops   Xylometazoline Hydrochloride
Api-up          Syrup          Appetite Stimulant
Anti biotics     Syrup

It looks like child was being managed as bronchiolitis.
I would like to know weighr milestoes,diet,duration and frequency of these episodes over months.
You may chart symptoms on breathingdiary available at breathing to make' one' understandiff it is like asthma or asthma like illness.

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician

also click here for what to ask a doctor?. download Question answer android app on child health from . Free advice also on topics like asthma epilepsy tuberculosis in children. I am a proud father and a qualified pediatrician with an expertise and interest in counseling parents regarding different aspects of health and disease making them understand children, their health and disease and the doctors.Download android app to ask free questions from Read my reviews/ratings at REVIEWS I do treat and counsel all classes and specialties, I have a special expertise and interest in queries regarding feeding of infants and; the common cold & related illnesses including asthma. I as a friendly doctor, try to help you understand the children, the disease, the treatment and the doctor! At the end, dont forget to add prestige points and nominations for me, as that is the only incentive for me to continue with free service. Affiliated to Seth G S Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai India (1992 till 2010). Now at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. *Online Pediatrician * KEY WORDS: ASTHMA EPILEPSY REPEATED RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS TUBERCULOSIS INFANT FEEDING HEART DISEASES ADHD AUTISM ADD SECOND OPINIONS PAID ANSWERS

I was a pediatrician at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Mumbai India, since 1999 till 2010. Currently as a pediatrician and as a associate professor at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. Pioneered as Online Indian Pediatrician for free advice SINCE 2002. Now also at Shushrusha Hospital Dadar,Mumbai INDIA daily 7 to 9 PM. Child Specialist dr Kondekar

Promote Your Page Too

Visit for more details of organisation.(since 1992 till 2010)

Publications best is to do a google search for "Dr S kondekar"

I am MD DNB in pediatrics and a fellow of College of Physicians and surgeons of Mumbai, and fellow of foundation for advancement of medical education and research GSMC. Currently also as a consultant in child health specialist pediatrician in Mumbai India at Shushrusha Hospital Walk in clinic Daily 7 to 9 pm Dadar West.

do visit my BlogSite

A lot number of simple people and medicos who consult Dr SK daily for their problems. Around 4000 plus client on this site alone.