Pediatrics/Fear of overweight and refrain from eating enough food

My daughter is aged 14 years. Until last year she was healthy and her body weight was 42 Kgs. But, unfortunately, since last year she has not been eating  well, she eats only very less food, due to which her menstrual period is not normal now, she also complains of muscle problems on her legs sometimes. She likes to eat all foods but she fears that she will become overweight if she eats enough food, and so she does not eat what she desires to eat.She told me that some of her friends told her that she is overweight(but I did not feel so, I felt she was healthy and normal).Now her weight is only 34 kgs, and height 150 cms and appearing very weak and very slim. We took her to two psychologists but she still continues to avoid eating, she eats only very little enough to remain alive. She is one of the best students of her class. I would like you to advise me whether she will become normal or become a psychological case and will have to discontinue her studies

it need not always be a psychological case like say anorexia nervosa that may require months of counselling and therapy.

often there may be organic reason for reduced intake like say infections or throat or gut. etc, in such cases she has good chances of becoming normal.

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician

also click here for what to ask a doctor?. download Question answer android app on child health from . Free advice also on topics like asthma epilepsy tuberculosis in children. I am a proud father and a qualified pediatrician with an expertise and interest in counseling parents regarding different aspects of health and disease making them understand children, their health and disease and the doctors.Download android app to ask free questions from Read my reviews/ratings at REVIEWS I do treat and counsel all classes and specialties, I have a special expertise and interest in queries regarding feeding of infants and; the common cold & related illnesses including asthma. I as a friendly doctor, try to help you understand the children, the disease, the treatment and the doctor! At the end, dont forget to add prestige points and nominations for me, as that is the only incentive for me to continue with free service. Affiliated to Seth G S Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai India (1992 till 2010). Now at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. *Online Pediatrician * KEY WORDS: ASTHMA EPILEPSY REPEATED RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS TUBERCULOSIS INFANT FEEDING HEART DISEASES ADHD AUTISM ADD SECOND OPINIONS PAID ANSWERS

I was a pediatrician at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Mumbai India, since 1999 till 2010. Currently as a pediatrician and as a associate professor at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. Pioneered as Online Indian Pediatrician for free advice SINCE 2002. Now also at Shushrusha Hospital Dadar,Mumbai INDIA daily 7 to 9 PM. Child Specialist dr Kondekar

Promote Your Page Too

Visit for more details of organisation.(since 1992 till 2010)

Publications best is to do a google search for "Dr S kondekar"

I am MD DNB in pediatrics and a fellow of College of Physicians and surgeons of Mumbai, and fellow of foundation for advancement of medical education and research GSMC. Currently also as a consultant in child health specialist pediatrician in Mumbai India at Shushrusha Hospital Walk in clinic Daily 7 to 9 pm Dadar West.

do visit my BlogSite

A lot number of simple people and medicos who consult Dr SK daily for their problems. Around 4000 plus client on this site alone.