Pediatrics/frequent fever to my 33 months son

Question
Dear sir,
I used to read answers given by you. I am also facing a problem in my son
He is 33 months old
Weight 11.2 kg
Height 92 cm
He is also suffering from fever since one year . Frequency is 2 times in a month I have tried to consult no of consultants but every body is not able to understand the causes and failed to treat. Generally the leval of fever is around 100 to 103.  Just a year before he has also been IV antibiotics for four days. No test has been done since last one year. All test including blood culuture, widal urine each was done before one year.

Sir what type of test we should have for better and permanent treatment. And what type of treatment we should have.

Sir how we can improve his immunity

Pls advice and oblige us

Thanking you

Best regards,

Rajnsih

Kidly

Answer
Hi
This is often likely to be nonspecfic viral infection if the fever got controlled in 3 days each time.... I don't find it a problem. But even once it lasts five days in 6 months, I will investigate for hidden infections like tonsils adenoids or UTI.

Concentrate on milk free diet and higeine including handwashing coughing sneezing related cleanliness.

Thanks

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician