Pediatrics/Green diarrhea with cramps

My 5 year old daughter has green diarrhea , stomach cramps, and loss in appetite . She woke up a couple of mornings ago throwing up everywhere  and I first thought it was a little stomach virus but now I'm wondering if I should take her to the dr.

Hi, Jennifer,

This does sound like a typical stomach flu, with pain, diarrhea, vomiting and loss of appetite, especially if this has been only going on for a few days.  I would hang in there, continue to give fluids and any solids as tolerated and see your doctor if things are getting worse.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.