Pediatrics/high TIGE

Question
Respected Dr,
     my 3 1/2 son is suffering from v. high Total IgE of 284.30 IU/ml.His AEC count is 640.He gets constant cough & cold( cough-more common).Can nasonex/furamist with asthafen help him? Could you kindly suggest any other prescription.
         Thanking you

Answer
Hi
The calculations are not so easy. These levels are high though not very high to suggest major modifications in therapy...
Treatment is decided by symptom frequency of nose or cough symptoms and is assessed by charting the symptoms once a day on a recall diary.you may download a diary from kondekar.com or breathingdiary.com
Once you chart them, doctors plan therapy depending on dominance of symptoms and frequency of night symptoms..
At this age, in addition to above he may need a xray nasopharynx to be done to rule out adenoids..a common cause for stuffy. Nose.

Please get back if you need more information on this.

Pediatrics

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician