Pediatrics/Messy Baby, not sleeping.

Question
My 7 month old baby boy is not sleeping at night. He is active without any temperature. Having little cough and urinating more frequently. He is sleeping a bit upon nursing but later on waking up. We are feeding the cerelac rice stage 1. Can you please let me know if any of these symptoms matches to the prolbem.

Thank you,

Very much.

Answer
Hi, chiranjeevi,

If he is a bit sick with the cough and more urine because presumably he is drinking more than taking solids, then it might be a good idea to see your doctor.  If he is just not a good sleeper in general and he has never slept through the night, then check to be sure he isn't falling asleep in your arms and then you are putting him in his crib.  Put him to bed awake.  

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD