Pediatrics/Miralax Dosage

I have an 11yr old son that weighs 112 lbs (5'1" +) and is having constipation problems.  I can not find a Miralax dosage for his age or weight. Could you help with this as I do not want to under/over dose him.

Hi, Laura,

I dose generally 1 cap two times a day as a cleanout followed by 1 cap each day mixed in 4-6 oz liquid of choice daily for a month or so.  The stuff is safe, so I use bigger doses to get things going in these kids who often have stools larger than most adults.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.