Pediatrics/pink eye

My 8 year old son had a 103 fever  3 nights ago and yesterday he woke up with eyes irritated and red could he possibly have pink eye, should I take him to the doctor

Hi, Jana,

The high fever in a child this age is what separates this out from an ordinary pink eye.  Most of this type of illness will be viral in nature, but other things come to mind and I think this is a good time to have him run by your doctor to see what is going on.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

David Olson, MD

I would be happy to attempt to answer any questions about general pediatric topics, either medical issues or behavioral issues. This would include all the various questions one receives in a busy pediatric practice. I`m a board certified pediatrician in northern Michigan and have been in practice for over 15 years. I enjoy the teaching role I have in our practice and would enjoy the opportunity to help others with their pediatric problems.