Pediatrics/Sleep pattren

Question
Sir my 16 months old son gets up several time in night.he is weaned off at the age of 13 months.bt still he gets up lot and does not have a sound sleep.plz help me in having his sound sleep cycle.advice?

Answer
Hi, Smriti,

Most sleep problems are due to the concept of "Last Waking Memory" that tells us that kids remember how they fell asleep and need that same situation to fall back to sleep whenever they wake up.  Usually this means that parents are with them when they initially fall asleep.  He needs to fall asleep on his own, with no one else there.

Good luck, Dr. Olson

Pediatrics

David Olson, MD