Pediatrics/a small bulge below the ear

Hello Doc,

My son is 18 Months old. i noticed a small bulge below his right ear. it is sightly more than a PEA size. It is painless and looks normal ....i mean not red / not swollen. But I can feel it by hand and its not fixed as a position....kind of moves left/right/up/down when u feel it with a finger. No other symptoms of Fever/sore throat/cough or any other

My paadeatrician first said as this is more than a PEA size (1.5-2cm) lets keep him on 5 day antibiotic course. post five day course the size of the bulge reduced to approx 1cm....but it didnt vanish completely so we did a blood test and Mountax test. MT test came negative. The blood test on(1/04/2013) shows HB 10.6 and ESR 100. the Paediatrician suggested lets wait for 2 weeks and do the blood test and see the ESR level again. Then we might have to do FNAC....

I am really worried. My child seems fine, playful, active as normal.No changes in his regular eating habit.... He is having a cold/cough now for last 3 days...

Please suggest the further course of action

if ESR is high its always better to get the small node removed and ivestigated by histopathology to put fullstop to all speculations and stress of probable long term disease.
children with such node issues are often normal and may not have any symptoms.

Dr Kondekar Santosh Venketraman Pediatrician MD, DNB, Mumbai India, Online Pediatrician

also click here for what to ask a doctor?. download Question answer android app on child health from . Free advice also on topics like asthma epilepsy tuberculosis in children. I am a proud father and a qualified pediatrician with an expertise and interest in counseling parents regarding different aspects of health and disease making them understand children, their health and disease and the doctors.Download android app to ask free questions from Read my reviews/ratings at REVIEWS I do treat and counsel all classes and specialties, I have a special expertise and interest in queries regarding feeding of infants and; the common cold & related illnesses including asthma. I as a friendly doctor, try to help you understand the children, the disease, the treatment and the doctor! At the end, dont forget to add prestige points and nominations for me, as that is the only incentive for me to continue with free service. Affiliated to Seth G S Medical college and KEM Hospital Mumbai India (1992 till 2010). Now at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. *Online Pediatrician * KEY WORDS: ASTHMA EPILEPSY REPEATED RESPIRATORY INFECTIONS TUBERCULOSIS INFANT FEEDING HEART DISEASES ADHD AUTISM ADD SECOND OPINIONS PAID ANSWERS

I was a pediatrician at Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital Mumbai India, since 1999 till 2010. Currently as a pediatrician and as a associate professor at Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair hospital Mumbai. Pioneered as Online Indian Pediatrician for free advice SINCE 2002. Now also at Shushrusha Hospital Dadar,Mumbai INDIA daily 7 to 9 PM. Child Specialist dr Kondekar

Promote Your Page Too

Visit for more details of organisation.(since 1992 till 2010)

Publications best is to do a google search for "Dr S kondekar"

I am MD DNB in pediatrics and a fellow of College of Physicians and surgeons of Mumbai, and fellow of foundation for advancement of medical education and research GSMC. Currently also as a consultant in child health specialist pediatrician in Mumbai India at Shushrusha Hospital Walk in clinic Daily 7 to 9 pm Dadar West.

do visit my BlogSite

A lot number of simple people and medicos who consult Dr SK daily for their problems. Around 4000 plus client on this site alone.