hello doctor my daughter is 13month old and she weighs only 7.7 kg  her bw was 3.6kgand my paed refered us for investigation and the result was with eosinophilia ,primary complex and anaemic she never want to eat except for cows milk 3 times a day she is under antibiotics and other medications for her problems now kindly advice mewhat to give to improve her weight and iam worried  whether too much of these medicines would affect her liver in the long run pl reply I wanted her to turn up with good weight for her age so what to include  for weight gain inspite of her problems iam depressed pl help

If she has eosinophilia and tuberculosis her condition will improve considerably after these two conditions are properly treated. Her anemia may not respond unless these conditions are treated. Her appetite will automatically improve with proper treatment. Her weight will also improve. It is better to treat her for worms also as she is more than one year.Children usually tolerate these medicines well.  She can be given some liver protective medicines also along with multi-vitamins.  

Dr. Arun Kumar Suri

I can answer questions in the field of general pediatrics-questions regarding the development of children, immunization, feeding, weaning and common childhood problems like fever, cough and recurrent illness. Many of these topics are dealt with on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. Often a mother imagines that her child is sick when in fact there is no problem. Such a mother needs explanation and reassurance. I will not be able to answer specific questions regarding diagnosis.

I have more than 20 years of experience as a Pediatrician. I have been involved in the care of premature babies and also many critically ill children.

I am attached to a Mission hospital in a small town in the Kannur dist. of Kerala in India. I also have my private clinic in a nearby place.

Most of my articles are on my website Healthy Family Happy Family. I have also contributed articles to Ezine Articles and Article City. I believe that Pediatrics is more than treating diseases in children. I advocate holistic approach to child health and problems of children giving equal importance to physical, psychological and spiritual health of children.

M.B.B.S. D.C.H. I have completed a distant course in adolescent health conducted by IMA AKN SINHA INSTITUTE. I have also completed an online course on Ayurvedic care of children conducted by Jiva Institute.

My website has been recognized by HONcode for trustworthy information on health. It has also been listed by, and